Video game peripheral maker Mad Catz has a bad run financially lately, and it is about to be a lot worse. The company is due to bet removed from trading on the new York Stock Exchange due to “abnormally low” stock value. Mad catz has said theyt will not appeal the process, which will lead to severe financial hardship for them.
It is not the end however, for Mad Catz a publicly-traded company. After it will be delisted from the NYSE Mad Catz stock will then be traded on the “OTC Pink” U.S. financial market for so-called “over-the-counter” securities.
Has-Been Heroes, the challenging roguelike game of strategy and action from Frozenbyte and GameTrust (coming to Switch, Xbox One, PS4 and PC) has been delayed by a week in Europe and Australia/New Zealand due to logistical issues. The new launch date for those territories is Tuesday, April 4th.
The US and Steam releases are still on target for Tuesday, March 28th.
Joel Kinnunen, Vice President of Frozenbyte and Producer on Has-Been Heroes, together with Marketing Manager Kai Tuovinen issued an apology video in typical Frozenbyte tradition:
The delay is unfortunate, but if there is something they need to clear before the game can launch in those regions, then it has to be done. We hope to have review of the game shortly and to share our opinions on it.
Bigben and Games Workshop are happy to announce their partnership for the development of a console and PC game based on the renowned Warhammer Fantasy Battles IP.
This adaptation of the franchise will be the first Hack and Slash game to unfold in the Warhammer world. The game takes place in the Old World, a dark and bloody continent devastated by the wars against Chaos. Dive into the heart of the Warhammer story, become a hero and battle to survive the desolation.
The French studio Eko Software, known for attracting millions of survivors in the How to Survive series, was entrusted with the new Warhammer Fantasy Battles adaptation.
“We are very pleased to work with Games Workshop developing a game which draws from the incredible potential of the Warhammer world. The Eko Software and Bigben teams have long been fans of this franchise from day one, including myself. Warhammer Fantasy Battles is well suited to offer players something quite innovative in the timeless hack & slash genre.” affirmed Benoit Clerc, Director of Video Games at Bigben.
“We’re really pleased to start this new partnership with Bigben, and this project will be an amazing opportunity for gamers to experience an epic story in the first Hack N’ Slash game set in the classic Warhammer Fantasy world. Eko did a great job with their How To Survive series and we’re confident they are going to do something amazing with our IP. I know the Bigben and Eko staff are massive fans of our lore and I can’t wait to see what they come up with.” declared Jon Gillard, Head of Licensing at Games Workshop.
Additional information on the story, key realms and geography, the platforms and playable races will be unveiled shortly.
I would say this sounds interesting, but there really isn’t much to go on other than that this will be a Hack and Slash game set in the Warhammer Fantasy universe. Hopefully it is a good experience.
Youtuber JonTron recently made some very controversial and racially charged statements. While we wont go into what was said, this has led to a blowback against JonTron ( real name Jon Jafari). This has created a problem for Playtonic Games, as JonTron was set to lend his voice to their upcoming game Yooka-Laylee.
Playtonic put out the following statement today.
We recently became aware of comments made by voice artist JonTron after development on Yooka-Laylee had been completed,” the firm told GamesIndustry.biz in a statement.
“JonTron is a talented video presenter who we were initially, two years ago, happy to include as a voice contributor in our game. However, in light of his recent personal viewpoints we have made the decision to remove JonTron’s inclusion in the game via a forthcoming content update. We would like to make absolutely clear that we do not endorse or support JonTron’s personal viewpoints and that, as an external fan contributor, he does not represent Playtonic in any capacity. Playtonic is a studio that celebrates diversity in all forms and strives to make games that everyone can enjoy. As such, we deeply regret any implied association that could make players feel anything but 100% comfortable in our game worlds, or distract from the incredible goodwill and love shown by our fans and Kickstarter backers.”
Given the extremely contentious issues going on right now, and the blowback against JonTron, it is extremely understandable that Playtonic would not want him in the game. This is Playtonic’s first game and any controversy surrounding it, could hurt the game and thus their studio. As such, what they did was perfectly understandable. Free speech guarantees you can say something, but there are still consequences.
The Pokémon Company has announced The 2017 Pokken Tournament Championship Series
Take a shot at becoming the Pokkén Tournament World Champion when the Pokkén Tournament Championship Series returns in 2017! In addition to the title, a combined $25,000 in prizes are on the line at the qualifying competitions in June and the World Championships event in Anaheim, California, this August.
This year, 16 players will qualify for the World Championships, and there will be only one age division for all competitors. Four players will receive invitations from each of the two qualifying events, plus four more players will be chosen from Japan, and the four top players from a Last Chance Qualifier occurring right before the main Worlds event will be the final contenders.
Good luck battling to become the next Pokkén Tournament World Champion!
The Pokémon Company continuing to support the game’s competitive scene is a great sign for the game’s future. Not only does it help the competitive scene grow but it also means it is likely we will see a Switch version of the game, as that is the system Nintendo is focusing on now. Perhaps we will even see the content that didn’t come tot he Wii U version, in a Switch version
There have been several reports of Switch users having experienced issues with Joy-Con connectivity, most notably with the left Joy Con. The issues have even made some send their systems in to Nintendo for a fix.
As it turns out the process of fixing it is actually rather simple. CNET Australia sent in its left Joy-Con, and received it back about a week later. What did the fix entail? Nintendo apparently just added a black square of foam in the lower-right corner, and this simple fix actually managed to solve the issue.
There is speculation that this piece of foam sits directly on top of the Joy-Con’s antenna traces, suggesting that it protects the antenna from interference. If it is removed, then the issues will resume. As well, CNET has suggested that this is a piece of conductive foam, which isa foam that’s been specially treated with nickel, copper or both so it can shield electronics from RF interference.
In addition to this, CNET has also noted that new Joy Cons are being sent out to retailers, with the problem fixed. Nintendo is clearly on top of things when it comes to fixing problems.
We knew it was coming thanks to Nintendo of Europe showing it in an image, but now it has been made official. Bloodstained: ROTN will be coming to the Switch, while the Wii U version has been cancelled.
A kickstarter update was put out where Iga stated that “the situation has drastically changed after the release of Nintendo Switch.” While it had made sense to include Wii U during the campaign that is no longer the case due to Nintendo shifting their focus to the Switch,
“This change made it difficult to receive the necessary support from the hardware maker, which has led us to drop the Wii U development and shift the development to Nintendo Switch,”
If you supported Bloodstained on Kickstarter , there is an option change their backer survey platform from Wii U to Switch or any other version, or other versions to Switch. I already changed my platform of choice on the backer survey, from PS4 to Switch. The option is there already.
Nintendo released a new trailer for Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. This new trailer shows off more of the plot/characters and helps explain the mechanics for this game and how this will go down.
Well here is some exciting news. As noted previously, the twitter account for the Mana series posted a video of Seiken Densetsu 3 being played on Switcj, and now we know why.
Square Enixhas announced the Seiken Densetsu Collection for Switch. This will collect Seiken Densetsu: Final Fantasy Gaiden (Final Fantasy Adventure / Mystic Quest),Seiken Densetsu 2 (Secret of Mana) and Seiken Densetsu 3. It will be released physically and digitally on June 1st for 4,800 yen.
In addition to the base games, there are a number of additions Seiken Densetsu 2 and Seiken Densetsu 3 will support multiplayer with up to three players like in the original games, something that was not done not with any re-releases since. The games will also now include quick-save, which will allow you to save anywhere during gameplay.
There is also a Music Mode, which will let you listen to the music of each game from the home screen. Secret of Mana had a legendary soundtrack, so thi is welcome.. As well, there is a Screen Change Mode, which is a mode exclusive to Seiken Densetsu 1 that lets you choose from several screen sizes.